Thursday, January 13, 2011

Coan Phillipi Week 6

Week 6 trained at 8 am with Cal and Kevin, this was a big day

DL from the floor no belt w/ Ironmind S-cubed Bar
140x5
230x5
320x4
410x3
500x2
600x2

So now Cal wanted to go for his 700 so we loaded a Texas power bar up and he let it rip, got it to about his knee and stalled out, this was not good, Kevin decided he would go for 600 so we loaded that up on the power bar and he stalled out below his knee too, at this point I was getting pretty pissed off watching my 2 training partners fail on their DL goal. So I decided I would go for 675 which would be a 25# PR. I got pretty jacked up, put on a belt and ripped it, I crushed it and it felt amazing.

We came back and hit our speed DL with out a belt on the S-cubed bar 500 + 40# in chains 3x3

Power Shurgs
455 3x5

So after consulting the Coan/Phillipi high council they said I had to pull 700 next wed or I will have to quit the program, wait a few weeks and start over with better supervision because of the deviation from the plan. I'm pretty sure they were just joking but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment