Thursday, March 19, 2009

In the beginning...

So this is my first blog and this is my first post in this blog. I’ve started this blog with a strange thought that maybe somewhere out there there might be someone that would like to read about me and what’s going on my life.
A little about myself. I am married to a wonderful woman named Alex, we met in college down in Mankato and have been married for a happy 2 years. I have been lifting weights since the 4th grade (1992). My dad put me in the weight room and I haven’t left yet. No, I did not stunt my growth, yes I am normal. I am in the National Guard. I am the 2nd Platoon Leader for Alpha Company, 2-135 IN RGMT. I have been in for about 5.5 years now and I have only been deployed once to Kosovo. I enjoy the military as well as the bonding that goes with it. I enjoy everything that deals with a lot of testosterone, I ride a motorcycle, I lift weights, I enjoy shooting my gun and drinking beer, not at the same time.
My life in strength and conditioning started when I was in 9th grade. My dad took me to the University of Nebraska – Lincoln and got us a tour of the weight room. I was hooked; I knew that day that when I grew up I wanted to be a Strength and Conditioning coach. I went to Waldorf College after high school to play football. I played for a year and a half there and then transferred to Minnesota State University, Mankato. After playing football at MSU I did an internship with Chuck Lobe. There I learned more about the S&C world and I met my good friend Jayme. After graduation I deployed, it was a long year but I’m very glad I did it. When I got back Chuck hooked me up with an internship at the University of Minnesota where I am still working. I work under some great strength coaches and I was fortunate enough to publish some articles on a great web site, check it out at www.xlathlete.com. I have also reunited with my boy Jayme at Velocity Hockey. It’s a fun place to work and we get to work with some pretty intense athletes.
So I think that should bring you up to speed with my life. In this blog I will write mostly about my work outs. I do some pretty interesting stuff. Last week I squatted real heavy 5 days in a row. Next week I begin my Bulgarian Burst training which will require me to work out 3 times a day 6 days a week. Should be interesting. I am doing all of this to see how it affects my body and to see how strong I can really get. Thanks for reading.

Stay Strong
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment