Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 2.....

Day 2….well lets start at the beginning. I woke up this morning pretty sore. Like I said earlier I haven’t done a lot over 5 reps. So that was my first struggle of the day. I didn’t get my first work out in by the time I wanted to. I started my first work out at 12:00, I started with back squats. Now the squat is one of my favorite exercise, I love it, however, I don’t love 5x8 of it. I used 365 paired my squats with pull ups. A minor tweak in my squat form in the final reps of my final sets turned out to be a bigger enemy than any weight today. After my squats my lower back clinched up tighter than hell. After I squatted I did step ups paired with reverse grip lat pull down; this hurt a lot because of my lower back. I finished with piston squats, I was supposed to pair them with weighted back extensions, however I didn’t feel that necessary beings my lower back was so tight. After my quick 40 min work out I did a glute ham hang. Now listen up! I will go to my grave singing the praises of the glute ham hang. 5 min hanging and relaxing will cure just about anything. Remember when you are hanging you must relax everything in your body, even your mouth. Monks in India found that they couldn’t reach true nirvana when they meditated, after a series of tests they found out that it was because they were pushing their tongue on the top of their mouths and never truly relaxed. So that loosened me up.

35 min. later I did another glute ham hang. This felt good then started my 2nd work out. Naturally coming of the first work out that tightened up my lower back bad I decided to do RDLs 5x8 working up to 315. Paired that with pull ups, I’m not very good at pull ups so I wanted to make sure I got them in early in the week when I can still feel my appendages. After my RDLs my back didn’t feel to bad so I did some good old reverse hypers paired with bent over rows. After those I did Nordic leg curls, although these are a body weight exercise I couldn’t finish them, my back and hamstrings were on FIRE! I paired my leg curls with straight arm pull downs. A protein shake ended my second work out.

I didn’t want to stand up after I got done with that; however some of the mascots came into the weight room. They are always fun to work with because they are just goofy as hell and we crush them when they come in. So I stood up for that. I drove home and went straight to the gym. At the gym I did leg presses. I was supposed to do 550, but that was way to light, even for the 3rd work out of the day, so I bumped up the weight to 770lbs. I paired that with low cable rows. At night I work out at (two letter California city) fitness. I always get some interesting looks when I go in there, however I don’t care I’ve got my Ipod on and my hood up so no one talks to me. I really like watching the personal trainers and criticizing them in my head. After my leg presses I did ball leg curls, I’ll quote a good friend of mine “it’s hard to look cool doing those” I did some dynamic lat pulls with the ball leg curls and then moved to cable pull throughs, this is when the looks really started to come..oh well.

And day 2 was done. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. I wanted to soak in an Epsom salt bath tonight but I don’t have enough time. I’m going to hop in the shower and go to bed.

Stay Strong
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment